Bali Yogic Healing Retreat
30 Aug - 5 Sept 2018. 7 days/6 nights. A beautiful yoga, meditation and healing retreat with a focus on restoring and rejuvenating physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, vital life force and creative energy. Program includes daily rejuvenative yoga and meditation; masterclasses to learn the yogic healing techniques which restore and rebalance; bathing in volcanic springs and sacred waterfalls; chakra healing meditation at the Mother Temple; traditional water blessing ceremony with a Balinese high priestess. Our venue is a gorgeous, tranquil retreat centre in Ubud. There is free time to relax and discover the delights of Ubud. You'll emerge refreshed and revitalised.
Healing & transformative
The Yogic Healing Retreat is a carefully designed program and opportunity to delve beneath the surface of the usual yoga retreat experience in Bali. You'll be guided by yoga teachers with decades of teaching and facilitation experience. We immerse ourselves in the deeply spiritual traditions and rituals of the Balinese people and attune to the healing potential of the sacred waters and this incredible land.
Facilitated by Robert and Mandy of Kookaburra Yoga, the retreat program has a generous balance of yoga, meditation, relaxation, breathwork as well as a healing ceremony with Bali's youngest high priestess, a healing chakra meditation at the sacred Besakih Mother Temple, bathing in the volcanic waters of Mt Batur and under a sacred waterfall and secret grotto under green cliffs.
Our venue is a gorgeous private retreat centre with both an outdoor and indoor, air-conditioned yoga room and wonderful spaces including a private open air dining hall, meditation cave, luxurious pool, air conditioned bedrooms, within a traditional regal compound. Located in the heart of Ubud, the venue is walking distance to wonderful cafes, healing centres, the palace, river, shops and craft markets.
This is a profound opportunity to honour and savour your precious life as you reflect, reclaim your energy, and rediscover your purpose! The full program and booking information is below...
Sacred waters of Bali
Bali's spiritual and healing traditions honour, revere and incorporate the cleansing, renewing and healing properties of water and include many rites, sacred ceremonies and focussed healing in the water temples, palaces and also stunning natural rivers and waterfalls. During this retreat we visit some of the most sacred waters of Bali in thermal springs, a water cave and waterfall. We also visit Bali's youngest high priestess Ida Resi who will perform the 'Melukat', a traditional water purification ceremony for each guest.
30 August - 5 September 2018 7 days/6 nights.
$1290 twin-share/$1790 single.
Bali Retreat 2019 is also scheduled for 21-27 June 2019.
This can now be booked at current price.
Arrive anytime on the 30th August. You'll be met at airport and transferred directly to retreat venue. You can check in to your room from midday. Retreat program commences at 4pm.
6.30-7.30am Healing Meditation
Deeply healing and energising early morning Mano Yoga Meditation & Pranayama practice (1 hour)
7.30am-9.00am Hatha Yoga
Morning Hatha Yoga sessions are dynamic (yet gentle), strengthening (yet cultivate softness) and focus on: meditation flow for prana activation, restoring inner balance and equilibrium, deepening mind/body connection, releasing tension and blockages, activating relaxation response (1.5 hours)
Fresh, vital, living food breakfast in our private dining area.
10.00am Mid-morning session (days 2,4,6)
Empowering and insightful group sessions with Robert and Mandy which include pranic breathwork; mastering meditation techniques; yoga philosophy and satsang where participants are guided to recognise and release inner obstacles to health, happiness and fulfilment and to envision and prepare for the year ahead (2.5 hours)
12.30pm Afternoons free (days 2,4,6)
Afternoons are free to relax deeply at our beautiful venue, indulge in massages at the in-house spa, or any of the nearby spas and healing centres. You may also like to visit the nearby Ubud markets and stores to shop for Christmas gifts. We're a short walk from both the Royal Palace and the spectacular Monkey Forest.
10am-4pm Group Day Trips (days 3 & 5)
4.00pm Yoga, Pranayama & Meditation (days 1,2,4)
Sunset yoga sessions are blissful and restorative with a Yin focus to restore vital life force, release muscle tension and tightness in connective tissues; cultivate mindfulness in movement; and deep relaxation. You'll also learn and practice raja yoga pranayama and meditation techniques (2.5 hours)
Explore the many vegan, vegetarian and organic restaurants of Ubud - there are many options for dining within close walking distance of the retreat centre. Dinner is at your own expense (except for last night - we host a celebration dinner featuring traditional Balinese cuisine).
Retreat program concludes at 11am after the mid-morning session on the 5th September. You're welcome to enjoy your room until midday. If your flight is later in the evening, you are welcome to enjoy the venue until your departure home.
Why water is sacred
In vedic thought, the atmosphere (antarksa realm between heaven and earth) is the main realm of water - the source of rain that creates and sustains water on earth and within our bodies. Just as the prana moves in the waters of cosmic space we create spaces within ourselves is to create prana as well.
Water carries with it prana or energy. Prana is the electrical forces created by the currents of the waters. Our own life prana is sustained by the circulation of blood and bodily fluids. Prana is the force that sets these fluids in motion.
We follow the rivers tracing them to their source high in the mountains where we see the water fall like the current of our own thoughts and prana. The source of waters is the Divine bliss and love within us. In meditation we trace the current of our thoughts back to their origin in the spiritual heart.
We often hold our emotions tightly and they limit, veil and obstruct the power of what lies within. Like Indra (God of lightning/perception) who slays the dragon at the foot of the mountain who holds the waters and prevents them flowing. In our own sadhana we defeat the dragon and release the seven rivers allowing them to flow into the sea of higher consciousness. This is symbolic of the opening of the seven chakras and their nadis or channels.
Water allows life or prana to be embodied. The body is comprised largely of water. The soul enters into the body and into the world through the element of water. Prana requires the inner water to flow.
Ritual bathing is an important part of vedic practices including bathing in sacred rives. Snana refers to all types of bathing including bathing the body in water and the mind and thoughts using mantras and is one the main principles of practice found in the Yogi Yajnavalkya. Water cleanses away impurities if we allow it to flow freely through us. Meditation is an inner bathing in which we bathe the mind in the waters of contemplation, and we become more fluid, like water.
The water element relates to the water chakra Svadhisthana - and it is here the creative and formative power of water provides nourishment and stability to the physical body and forms the basis for procreation. The waters of the heart are the waters of consciousness and of prana. The waters of the head and crown is the nectar or amrit. Each chakra has its own waters, fire and light and we meditate upon these and bring healing and balance.
We drink the inner waters through the vessels of the chakras - the stream of shakti flows down from the higher planes of the thousand petalled lotus at the crown of the head to the third eye. Through meditation the waters are taken deep into the heart. The higher waters are soma or bliss which pervade space, light and consciousness. It is these waters which bring about rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul.
During this retreat we experience a profound meditation at the Besakih Meditation Temple - with its seven levels and stairway to the heavenly realms symbolising the ascension of spiritual consciousness through the chakras.
The Yoga Rejuvenation and Healing Retreat is a carefully designed program and opportunity to delve beneath the surface of the usual yoga retreat experience in Bali. You'll be guided by yoga teachers with decades of teaching and facilitation experience. We immerse ourselves in the deeply spiritual traditions and rituals of the Balinese people and attune to the healing potential of the sacred waters and this incredible land.
more about this retreat...
Our accommodation is a gorgeous, tranquil compound set in landscaped gardens by a flowing river with its own private retreat centre, 3 yoga rooms, pool, restaurant and spa - right in the heart of Ubud. This is a small venue with 8 twin-share rooms for retreat participants. Single rooms available for a surcharge of $500.
* there are 8 twin-share rooms (with a maximum of 16 participants) on this retreat so please book early to ensure you secure a place.
Mandy and Robert own and direct the Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre in Australia, where they offer a full program of yoga classes, courses, retreats and yoga intensives to the local community and to visitors from around the globe. Together they design and facilitate Kookaburra Yoga's international retreat program in profoundly spiritual destinations.
Mandy has decades of experience teaching the subtle, powerful and transformational methods of yoga. Her knowledge and insights have been inspired through devotion, consistent practice, continuing education and immersion in yoga with her own mentors in India, Ayurveda, the arts, and integration of yogic values and concepts into everyday family and professional life. Mandy is known for kindness and making traditional, spiritual yoga practical, relevant and accessible.
Robert has taught yoga and inspired many students over almost 4 decades here in Australia, and also India, Africa and Europe. Robert is a highly regarded, yet humble teacher, his yoga is deeply spiritual and real and he is committed to sharing and passing forward the insights and knowledge he has acquired. Robert has a Masters in Psychiatric Social Work, having worked in the field for many years, and is a professional and skilful group facilitator and spiritual guide.
Inclusions & Cost
$500 deposit is required when booking. Balance to be paid by 30th June 2018.
30th August - 5th September 2018
There is a $500 surcharge for single room.
Facts & Questions
Why choose Kookaburra rETREATS?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Retreats are offered by Kookaburra Creek Yoga - a yoga centre and program directed by Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox in Perth, Australia. Kookaburra Creek Yoga is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Retreat management experience. Kookaburra Yoga have offered professionally organised and facilitated international retreats for over ten years. Each retreat is carefully planned to ensure the safety and comfort of participants.
- Local expertise. Kookaburra Yoga's international retreat program is coordinated by local, licensed travel agents who manage the logistics, transportation, bookings and take care of the practical needs of participants. The organisation and management of retreats is mainly invisible to participants enabling them to focus on enjoying their own inner and outer journey.
- Health & Safety. Our venues are carefully selected to ensure they are of a high standard to support the health and wellbeing of participants. When travelling we take every precaution to ensure the hygiene and health of participants.
- Quality food. Food is an integral part of our retreats and menus and ingredients are planned and considered to ensure they are nourishing, health-promoting and conducive to yoga and meditation.
- High quality program. Directors Mandy and Robert facilitate all Kookaburra Yoga Retreats. They are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Professional leadership. Both Robert and Mandy have worked professionally in high-level leadership positions in government and the not-for-profit sector and are leaders and skilful group facilitators able to guide individuals and groups safely through peak experiences and the transformational change which often occurs on retreat.
- Value for money. Retreats are fully inclusive with meals, transport, accommodation sightseeing taken care of and included in the cost. We are upfront about any potential additional costs allowing participants to budget and plan.
- Culturally sensitive. We do our best to adapt to our environment and educate our guests to be attuned and respectful of customs and cultural sensitivities.
- Socially responsible. We care for people and the planet. All our retreats cause as little harm as possible. We choose vegetarian venues (vegan where possible). We contribute generously to local organisations and charities and encourage the same of our participants.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Retreats are a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow. Kookaburra Retreats are transformational and potentially life-changing!
Do I need experience in Yoga to attend this retreat?
No, we welcome anyone who is interested in embarking upon a journey of self enquiry and discovery. The yoga and meditation practices on each retreat are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner. All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
DO I NEED to organise passport, Visa, INSURANCE and International flights?
- To enter Indonesia it is a requirement that you have a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of travel.
- You must book your own international flight to Denpasar Airport, Bali or ask your own travel agent to do this for you.
- It is a requirement of attending this retreat that you have a valid travel insurance policy with relevant inclusions and provide us with your Certificate of Currency prior to departure. This is a condition of attending all overseas Kookaburra Yoga Retreats.
- To enter Indonesia you may need to obtain an entry visa depending on which country you are travelling from. If you require a visa on arrival, you must have cash in US dollars to obtain the visa. For some countries visas are not required. Please check with the Indonesian Consulate in your country.
- Christmas is a peak time to visit Bali so please book your flights early to ensure good prices and availability.
- You should organise your travel insurance at the time of booking your flights to ensure you are covered in the event you need to cancel.
- We ask for a deposit of $500 upon booking. Your $500 deposit is your commitment to attend and is generally non-refundable unless we can offer your place to a waitlisted person or you find someone to take your place.
- If you cancel 0-2 weeks before the retreat the full amount is payable.
- If you cancel 2-4 weeks before the retreat 75% of your payment (minus deposit) will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks prior to the retreat your full payment (minus deposit) will be refunded to you.
- If you need to cancel due to ill health or the death of someone close to you, your travel insurance policy may refund your deposit and all other money paid back to you. Please check with your insurer.
- Travel insurance on this retreat is compulsory. It is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate insurance to cover the costs of cancellation.
- In the event the retreat is cancelled by the organisers 3 weeks or more before the commencement date all money paid will be refunded to you.
- If the retreat is cancelled by the organisers 0-3 weeks prior to the retreat because of natural disasters or acts of god which the organisers deem to make the retreat, or travel to and from the retreat, unsafe, then a full refund will not be possible and you will need to claim a refund from your travel insurer. In this event, the organisers will advise what portion of your payment can be recovered and refunded to you. The organisers will endeavour to reschedule the retreat for a future date and give you the option of transferring your booking and all money paid to the new retreat date.
What if I am not in perfect condition or if I get sick?
- You should be fine to attend a Bali Retreat if you are in reasonable health. Please check with your own health care provider if you have any concerns or doubts.
- If you get sick while travelling, our venue hosts will organise a doctor to visit the premises, or transport to the international hospital.
what isn't included in the cost?
- international airfare
- additional massages, spa treatments
- meals other than those specified
- additional outings and associated transport
- any items ordered through room service including laundry
- travel insurance (compulsory)
- visa on arrival ($35USD)
what are the payment options?
$500 deposit on booking confirms your place
- online payments only: credit card, paypal or direct deposit
- balance of payment can be paid in instalments (be in touch to arrange)
- full payment must be received by 30 June 2018
- deposit is non-refundable if you cancel
- if you cancel before 30 June balance of payment is refundable (everything other than deposit)
- if you would like to attend but need a personalised flexible payment plan please use the Enquiry Form below to be in touch with us directly
- ensure you organise insurance as soon as you book your flights. Your insurance policy should cover you in the event you are unable to travel due to unforeseen circumstances, natural disasters, or sickness.
What is the Retreat Size?
Our venue is a small boutique resort with a capacity for up to 18 guests. Numbers are determined by venue size.
- There are 16 single beds in 8 twin share rooms and 1 double bed in a shared room.
- Retreats are subject to a minimum of 8 participants.
What are the venue details?
- Our venue is Narasoma Retreat Centre. It is a beautiful traditional compound in the heart of Ubud which is Australian owned, and has been expanded and renovated to include a retreat centre, day spa, restaurant and villas.
- The retreat centre is 40 minutes from the airport.