Community Yoga Class
Enjoy our FREE community yoga classes on Thursday evenings. These beginners level classes are an offering to our community from our wonderful new teachers, Jadwiga and Caitlin. Classes include yogic postures incorporated into beautiful, accessible and safe sequences suitable for beginners, pranayama, and yoga relaxation and may also include meditation - with an uplifting Spring theme.
Thursdays 6pm - 7.20pm. We invite you to enjoy FREE community yoga classes on Thursday evenings. These beginners level Hatha Yoga classes are an offering to our community from our wonderful new teachers Jadzia (September) and Caitlin (October). Classes include yogic postures incorporated into beautiful, accessible and safe sequences suitable for beginners, pranayama and yoga relaxation - with an uplifting Spring theme. After many years as yoga practitioners and students, Jadzia and Caitlin have graduated from our 12 month Teacher Training program and have blossomed into calm, radiant and knowledgeable teachers. They bring their lovely personalities and unique flair to guide students through an enjoyable and beneficial experience of yoga.
Dates: 15 Sep, 22 Sep, 29 Sep, 06 Oct, 13 Oct, 20 Oct, 27 Oct. Book now
Jadzia started a regular practice of yoga a few years ago. The more she practised, the more her interest in subtler aspects of yoga grew. She began to experience the first-hand healing potential of yoga. She joined various short-term courses, retreats and workshops before taking up the 12-month intensive Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training course with Kookaburra Creek. Yoga practice brought about self-awareness and harmony in life.
Jadzia guides students through various yoga techniques, including pranayama, asana, Sankalpa, relaxation and meditation, to restore balance and inspire students to experience peace, joy, and kindness. She is a genuine student herself, a learner, approaching challenges in life as opportunities for transformation and growth. She incorporates her knowledge in Psychology into classes delivering a wholesome, healing, empowering experience for everyone.
Soma सोम lunar
memberships give us greater connection
and a sense of belonging to community
Book class online
Buy a Soma membership
and a sense of belonging to community
- You are welcome to book this class online and pay $30 for casual attendance, or you can become a Soma member.
- Soma Membership gives you access to all of the classes on our timetable and our on-demand classes on our website.
- This includes our special monthly classes which are two hours long and are each a unique yoga experience bringing in deeper, creative and sometimes esoteric aspects of the yoga traditions.
- These special 2 hour monthly classes are classified as 'Soma' and currently include: Shakti Women's Circle, Healing Hatha Yoga, and Nada Yoga musical meditations.
- The Soma membership gives you access to both the Surya classes and also Soma classes instudio and online. The cost of Soma membership is $150 per month and is a great option if you would like to have access to all the classes and special monthly events at Kookaburra Yoga.
Book class online
Buy a Soma membership
facts and questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Beginners Yoga Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Safety and wellbeing. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses are designed for the absolute beginner - the practices are taught sequentially with an emphasis on learning to practice safely in accordance with your body's needs and limitations.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Kookaburra Yoga's classes and courses are $12 per session which is well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning and practicing yoga and meditation.
- Please choose a 'level' in accordance with your experience and ability.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please be in touch prior to attending as these may preclude you from attending.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- Classes at Kookaburra Creek are offered on a casual basis, meaning that you do not to book, commit to attending every week and can pay as you come.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Classes cost $15 each and payable in cash or eftpos.
- Memberships and class passes available reducing class costs and can be purchased online in advance.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can offer free places to those in need. We also offer community classes which are by donation.
WHAT If I have an injury or am pregnant?
- If you have an injury or health conditions which may be affected by yoga, please be sure to inform your teacher in advance of the class.
- If you have an acute injury, yoga may not be suitable so please be in touch with use before attending the centre.
- If you are pregnant, please be in touch with us before attending the centre as we generally don't accept new students who are pregnant if they have no prior experience of yoga in our general classes.
- Please enquire about pre-natal classes.
What should I wear and bring?
- No need to bring a mat or equipment. We provide all the equipment you will need, including yoga mats, blankets, bolsters and cushions. Chairs available if needed.
- We don't wear shoes during yoga so please leave shoes outside and also please to endeavour to have clean feet.
- We'll be moving, stretching, sitting and lying down so wear comfortable clothes.
- Bring your own non-breakable drinking water bottle.
- Please don't interrupt other students. If you bring your mobile have it on silent mode.
What equipment is provided?
- Kookaburra Creek is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks.
- We are very happy for you to use our equipment.
- However if you would prefer to bring your own you are most welcome.
a: 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112