Pregnancy Yoga & Post-natal/Baby Yoga
The pre-natal and post-natal period is a precious and unique time in a woman's life. Your body, mind and heart are all expanding and adapting to incorporate new life into your world. Kookaburra Yoga offers Friday morning pregnancy/prenatal and also post-natal and family classes with a qualified specialist yoga teacher and midwife. Practices are safe, relevant and nurturing for mums-to-be and young families. Partners, support and your babies and young kids are welcome.
January Pregnancy Yoga Classes
Class Details (from 2 Feb)
Pregnancy Yoga - for mum-to-be
Pregnancy Yoga Friday mornings 11am - 12.15pm
Starts 2 February 2018
An informative and empowering Pregnancy Yoga Class to prepare women physically, mentally and emotionally for their birth and beyond. We offer specialist active yoga asanas/poses to assist with stretching and strengthening your whole body and ease many of the aches and pains you may experience ie sciatica, back pain and gastrointestinal upsets.
As well as restorative poses for rest and being in the present moment. We incorporate active pelvic floor exercises, using breath awareness and vocal toning, visualisation and meditation practices to enrich the woman and her baby’s happiness. Even if you’re attempting to fall pregnant or an absolute beginner, all are welcome.
Post-natal Yoga - for mums & bubs
Post-natal/Family Yoga Friday mornings 9.30am-11.45am
Starts 2nd February 2018
Postnatal yoga for Mums and Bubs with the inclusion of partners, and your support family to follow on from Pregnancy Yoga. We encourage a fun and playful yoga class that encourages bonding with your baby. Specialist teaching in yoga asanas/poses assists with strengthening and toning the body in the postnatal period, including the pelvic floor, spine and abdomen for girdle stability. By incorporating breathing and active relaxation exercises with the asanas, this nurtures mums and parents to quieten the mind, stay in the present moment and surrender to the encounters of being a new mum and parent inside and outside the teaching space.
Caring, experienced teacher
Jo Curti is an experienced yoga teacher who is qualified to teach pregnancy and post-natal yoga. She is also a practicing midwife at the nearby Armadale Hospital.
Whilst undertaking her Yoga Teacher Training, Jo specialised in Prenatal, Postnatal Yoga and Active Birth, Yin/Yang Yoga and Children’s Yoga. Jo brings to all her classes the sharing of yoga in a safe and welcoming environment, a place to be mindful of staying in the present moment and self-nurturing. Jo teaches at various studios and until recently at the Conscious Conception and Birth Centre WA, Mt Nasura.
Jo’s professional background includes practicing as a Registered Midwife and Nurse. Through the practice of yoga this has allowed her to just be with women on their journeys of self-discovery. Jo’s perseverance and steadfastness encourages her to embrace knowledge every day.
How to book
- Please book your place in pregnancy and post-natal classes online
- When booking online choose your start date (any date during school term)
- You can opt to pay online or on arrival
- You can opt to pay casually $15 a class on arrival in cash
- Or buy 5 class passes $70 or 10 class passes $135. No expiry but only to be used for pregnancy/post-natal classes.
- If you bring more than one child to the Post-natal/Baby Yoga Class a family fee applies ($30 per class)
- Please note eftpos facilities are not available at the centre
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is a fully equipped hills studio with onsite parking.
- All yoga equipment is provided so there is nothing you need to bring.
- When outdoors children must be supervised by their parents at all times as there are unfenced waterways.
- Classes are structured in a friendly, informal way, enabling you to bring your babies and/or young children.
- Partners and your support people are always welcome. There is no charge for them.