The Journey Home
Healing Retreats for Women
adoring, nourishing, supporting and healing the
wise, radiant, wonderful woman you are.
a yoga and healing program for women
Sunday retreats at Kookaburra Yoga
Sunday evening online women's circle
6 night/7 day residential Margaret River Retreat
Like the bird that gazes all night at the passing moon,
I have blinded myself in giving my eyes to your beauty.
She who offers herself completely asks only this:
That she be loved as fully as she loves.
one day retreats in the Perth hills
9.30am Welcome & Chanting
10.00am Women’s Medicine Circle
11.30am Yoga of the Yoginis
2.00pm Wu Yin Yoga
3.30pm Nyasa Yogic Healing
One day retreat $180
Book all 6 one day retreats $900
6 Day Women’s Healing Retreat
Twin Share $????, Single $????
Payment plans available.
the journey home
Each retreat shines a light on different stages and aspects of our lives, enabling us to see clearly what we've brought forwards into this moment, what we can release, and how to move forwards with grace and ease. In any moment in time we embody all the aspects of the feminine. The wise woman is within the girl, and the girl forever within the woman. The Journey Home is an inner journey tracing the evolution of the self from before we're born through the trajectory of our beautiful and unique life exploring our roles as infant, girl, woman, mother, healer and sage. to know who we are is to accept, embrace and cherish all of who we were and who we are to become.
one day retreats
7 day retreat
Why is it so many of us don’t feel at home or welcome in our bodies, in our physical spaces, in the world? We internalise so much over the course of our lives,
All of life is a circle and within it are natural cycles and rhythms which return us to the source. These rhythms are within us, to attune to where we are in the circle of life, and to pause here creating to acknowledge where we've come from The second half of our life is a return home to the heart
We've been busy for 40,50 years or so as a daughter, sister, wife, mother, carer custodian and nurturer. We've said yes to life, we've loved, we've lost, we've gained and we've arrived here in this moment astounded at the woman we've become and a little lost in the midst of life. We're ready now to become the mystic, the master,
Our work in the world will never be done the work of the soul is just beginning.
I am where I want to be where I'm meant to be. I am at home here in the world, I am at home in this wondrous body, I am at home in space, at home with the mystery of the vast unknown and unknowable.
When we have children, families we love very deeply strong bonds are formed and the sukkah we experienc drew is male felt based on rajas which seems appropriate.
Drawing on the goddess traditions of early tantric yoga and the wisdom teachings of the upanishads and vedas. This retreat incorporates a distinctly feminine approach to the reintegration and healing.
Tantra incorporates beautiful visualisations mediations, and profoundly transformative work at the elve of the subtle body.
There are very distinct yet fluid stages to a woman’s life. As a girl there is the innocence and playfulness of being safely healed and contained within our families and communities. But what happens when that container was fissured, or broken or even non-existent. The girl became lost vulnerable clinging to an family structure which .
As we enter into puberty there is a blossoming of sexuality, sensuality which is ours to claim and direct, Yet we dont. We’re reflected back at ourself, the male gaze has come to define our sense of self which is confusing and does nothing to serve the soul. ur essence is coveted desired and without the self love and respect we give it away freely.
Entering into motherhood is the most powerfully transformative evolution. To grow and birth another is to embrace and fulfil our biological programming. To take another path is equally empowering when owned, embraced and acknowledged. to give of the self to nurture and nourish another takes much our life force which we willingly offer to the dependent souls who’s life depends upon our own. Over time we lose ourselves in our roles and responsibilities. We take on the worry, stress and burdens of the world.
7 Day Retreat
4.00pm Opening circle
6.30am Rise and personal practice
9.00am Meditation & Chanting
9.30am Women’s Medicine Circle
11.00am Yoga of the Yoginis
1.30pm Time for self care
3.30pm Wu Yin Yoga
5.00pm Nyasa Yogic Healing
6.30am Rise and personal practice
9.00am Meditation & Chanting
9.30am Closing Circle
One day retreat $180
Book all 6 one day retreats 15% discount
7 Day Women’s Healing Retreat from $1900
Payment plans available
About the program
Wu Yin Yoga
Wu Yin Yoga is a gentle and deeply connected movement for medicine and meditation practice created by Jemma. It draws on the confluence of the sacred Arts of Yoga and Daoist Qi gong. Through slow movement and held postures of our body we connect to Heaven and Earth, and access and harmonise the pre birth and post birth energy system from a Classical Chinese Medicine perspective.
Online medicine circle
Each of the one day retreats is followed by a free 60 minute online women's medicine circle a fortnight after each retreat. The circles are with Jemma and are optional for participants who would like to continue their process, share insights or receive support. The retreat programs can be quite deeply moving and this is a way to nurture ourselves and maintain connections.
About the facilitators
Mandy has decades of teaching the subtle, powerful and transformational methods of traditional yoga and tantra. Her knowledge and insights have been inspired through devotion, consistent practice, higher education in yoga, Ayurveda, the arts, and integration of yogic values and concepts into everyday family and professional life. Mandy continues to study with her own teachers, and is herself and educator od teacher. She makes traditional, spiritual yoga and yogic philosophy practical, relevant and accessible.
Inclusions & Cost
1 x one day
• 9 month payment plan available for an additional $90 on any option. Please request a payment plan when booking.
Facts & Questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga for your retreat?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is directed by experienced teachers Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox in Perth, Australia. Kookaburra Creek Yoga is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Retreat management experience. Kookaburra Yoga have offered professionally organised and facilitated international retreats for over ten years. Each retreat is carefully planned to ensure the safety and comfort of participants.
- Health & Safety. Our venue is maintained to a high standard to support the health and wellbeing of participants. We take every precaution to ensure the hygiene and health of participants.
- Quality food. Food is an integral part of our retreats and menus and ingredients are planned and considered to ensure they are nourishing, health-promoting and conducive to yoga and meditation.
- High quality program. Directors Mandy and Robert facilitate all Kookaburra Yoga Retreats. They are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Professional leadership. Both Robert and Mandy have worked professionally in high-level leadership positions in government and the not-for-profit sector and are leaders and skilful group facilitators able to guide individuals and groups safely through peak experiences and the transformational change which often occurs on retreat.
- Value for money. Retreats are fully inclusive with everything included in the cost. There are no additional costs and there are no items or services offered for sale during the retreat.
- Socially responsible. We care for people and the planet. All our retreats cause as little harm as possible. We are an entirely vegetarian venue.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Retreats are a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow. Kookaburra Retreats are transformational and potentially life-changing!
Do I need experience in Yoga to attend this retreat?
No, we welcome anyone who is interested in embarking upon a journey of self enquiry and discovery. The yoga and meditation practices on each retreat are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner. All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
WHAT ARE THE VENUE DETAILS?
- The one day retreats are at Kookaburra Yoga. 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112
- The six day retreat is at Karriview, Margaret River.
- Your deposit of $400 for 1 person or $800 for 2 people is non-refundable if you cancel.
- If you cancel 0-2 weeks before the retreat the full amount of the retreat is payable.
- If you cancel more than 2 weeks before the retreat the full amount minus the non-refundable deposit will be returned to you.
- If the organisers cancel the retreat the whole amount you have paid will be refunded to you.
What if I am not in perfect condition or if I get sick?
- You should be fine to attend if you are in reasonable health. Please check with your own health care provider if you have any concerns or doubts.
- Please do not attend if you have symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are within close proximity to Margaret River. If you get sick during the retreat, an after hours locum doctor (bulk billed) can be called or you can attend the local health services. The nearest major hospital is in Bunbury (1 hour).
WHAT IS THE RETREAT SIZE?
- There are twin share rooms - 10 people
- There are 6 luxury garden studio apartments - 6 people
- There are up to 8 places staying offsite.
what are the payment options?
- $400 deposit when booking to reserve your place
- Online payments only: credit card, paypal or direct deposit
- If you require a 6 month payment plan select this option when booking. An additional $100 will be added for payment plans.
What should I bring?
- clothing for: yoga, bush walking, warmth, waterproof jacket if raining
- sturdy shoes, water/wind proof jacket for bush walking
- shawl and warm clothing for meditation and evenings
- notebook and pen
- reading material
- toiletries, personal items