Yin Yoga Foundations
Yin Yoga is a beautiful, quiet and restful style of yoga which uses long, passively held floor poses in stillness. Yin Yoga is deeply nourishing and has a myriad of benefits for anyone. You'll learn the foundation yin yoga poses, how they create ease of movement, suppleness and softness of body and mind and lead to a deepening relaxation and peace of mind.
About this course
Yin yoga is a quiet and meditative practice, where postures are held passively for longer periods of time. In recent years yin yoga has become increasingly popular, as both beginner and advanced students enjoy the myriad of benefits of the practice.
This course is delivered by Diane Jones who continues to study yin yoga with renowned yin teacher Sarah Powers, one of the founding developers of yin yoga.
what you will learn
This course provides a general introduction to the foundations of yin yoga
what you receive
benefits of yin yoga
what to expect
what to wear and bring
facts & questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Beginners Yoga Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Safety and wellbeing. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses are designed for the absolute beginner - the practices are taught sequentially with an emphasis on learning to practice safely in accordance with your body's needs and limitations.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Kookaburra Yoga's classes and courses are $12 per session which is well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning the foundation of yoga and meditation.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- We welcome everyone, regardless of prior knowledge of or experience in yoga.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please include these on your booking form to ensure your teacher is aware. In some instances this course may not be suitable.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- If you have paid for your course in advance online (through our paypal payment gateway) and you need to cancel prior to commencement of the course you will receive an immediate refund of the full $60 fee.
- If you know you will be missing one or more classes during the course you only pay upfront for what you will attend (ie if you miss one class the course costs $48 etc)
- If you have paid upfront and miss classes (for whatever reason) we will issue you with Class Passes to attend any other class on our timetable or make up the same lesson missed on another course.
- If you become ill or if there are extenuating circumstances which prevent you from attending the course, we will issue you with a full refund. Just be in touch.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Full payment of course is $60 which is payable online in advance.
- You can pay securely using our online booking system. Payment options are credit card, PayPal or direct deposit.
- We don't have eftpos facilities at the centre so can only accept cash on arrival at your first class.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can offer free places to those in need.
WHAT If I have an injury or am pregnant?
- If you have an injury or health conditions which may be affected by yoga, please be sure to inform your teacher in advance of the class.
- If you have an acute injury, yoga may not be suitable so please be in touch with use before attending the centre.
- If you are pregnant, please be in touch with us before attending the centre.
- We generally don't accept new students who are pregnant if they have no prior experience of yoga in our general classes.
- Please enquire about pre-natal classes.
What should I bring?
- comfortable clothes you can move easily and sit in
- socks and shawl (if it's cool)
- drinking water bottle
What equipment is provided?
- Kookaburra Creek is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks.
- We are very happy for you to use our equipment.
- However if you would prefer to bring your own you are most welcome.