Quick and delicious vegan, flourless cake
This beautiful, rich chocolate cake is made flourless, dairy-free and gluten-free so is pleasing to everyone! The cake is quite dense so can also be prepared as brownies. To serve, add a cacao and avocado mousse frosting (shown in picture), or cashew and coconut cream sauce. It's quick and easy to make and is (almost) fail-proof so is the ideal go-to dessert using pantry staples such as almond meal and cacao.
- 120g macadamia oil (or other light oil)
- 3 tbsp flax seeds (soak in hot water before using)
- 100g coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100g coconut sugar
- 130g almond meal
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 2 tsps baking powder (I use 'Bob's Red Mill' gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add ingredients to Thermomix - mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds. Or use mixer medium speed.
- Grease 20cm cake tin (with coconut spray) then pour in mixture. Bake for about 40-50 minutes - until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm with cashew cream or frost with cacao and avocado mousse.