Nourish your body, mind
and soul with food
and soul with food
Kookaburra Yoga offers yogic food classes, retreats, recipes and resources. Yogi's Kitchen is a recent addition to the Kookaburra program, but in many ways has always been an integral part of our retreats - with the sumptuous, vital vegetarian food being a surprising highlight for many people.
The Yogic Diet - the foundation for
Health, Peace & Happiness
2 dates to choose from: Saturday 15th June or Saturday 22nd June 2019. 2pm - 6pm. $95.00. Includes dinner, plenty of snacks, recipes & resources.
Cost of each 4 hour class is $95. Includes dinner & recipes.
Advance booking online is essential.
About our classes
Yogic & Auyurvedic cooking
Food for Health, Peace & Healing
The yogic diet is vegetarian and includes foods which are nourishing, natural and appealing to the 5 senses. In this course you'll learn about 'sattvic' (peaceful) eating, determining your unique constitution and the foods and diets which suit you best. You'll also learn about the yogic food pyramid (a little different to what you might think!), the 6 tastes and how to combine them to delight the senses, foods which cleanse and help heal the digestive system. You'll learn to prepare delicious, aromatic vegetarian dishes including dahls, kitchari, juices, spice blends, spiced teas and desserts. We finish each week with a wonderful feast!
Book each class individually for $95
The Vegan feast
Life-giving food for festive occasions and everyday joy
It is possible to combine and prepare an amazing array of plant-based ingredients into wonderful, sumptuous dishes which will please and delight everyone at your Christmas table! All dishes are vegan, gluten-free and can be further modified to cater to allergies and intolerances. You'll learn about vegan foods including the herbs, spices and garnishes which transform dishes into colourful, delicious, healthy masterpieces you can share at any festive occasion. Each class includes a buffet style lunch. DateS TBA.
Book each class individually for $95 each
Integrated system of wellbeing
Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre
210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Cooking Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Our prices are generally well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning the foundation of yoga and meditation.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- We welcome everyone, regardless of prior knowledge of or experience in yoga.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please include these on your booking form to ensure your teacher is aware. In some instances this course may not be suitable.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- If you have paid for your course in advance online (through our paypal payment gateway) and you need to cancel prior to commencement of the course you will receive an immediate refund of the full $180 fee.
- If you know you will be missing one or more classes during the course you only pay upfront for what you will attend ($60 per week)
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Full payment of course is $180 which is payable online in advance.
- You can pay securely using our online booking system. Payment options are credit card, PayPal or direct deposit.
- We don't have eftpos facilities at the centre so can only accept cash on arrival if you choose that payment method.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can organise a payment plan for you.
WHAT If I have an ILLNESS or am pregnant?
- You are fine to attend this course if you are pregnant or have a medical condition including chronic illness, The food is fresh and life-giving and suitable for most people
- If you have a food allergy or intolerance please include details of this on your booking form.
What should I bring?
- notebook and pen
What equipment is provided?
- There are no requirements to bring any equipment to this course.