Absolute Beginners Yoga
Yoga is for everyone! Join this course to learn how to awaken your inner joy and bring strength, health and resilience to your body, and calmness, peace and clarity to your mind and soul. You'll safely learn the foundation practices of Hatha Yoga taught by an experienced teacher with decades' experience.
about this course
Attending regular yoga classes can sometimes be daunting, so we have designed a course to put you at ease. The emphasis is on safely stretching, strengthening and relaxing through a series of movements, breathing and relaxation techniques. You'll also learn the theory behind the practices so you gain an understanding of the principles and philosophies of yoga as a system of wellbeing. This gentle, introductory yoga course designed for:
Course Cost $90. Includes free ebook.
2 Courses Package: Beginners Yoga + Intro to Meditation Package $150
You may attend classes casually $15 (this doesn't include free ebook)
what you will learn
This course provides a thorough introduction to traditional yoga and includes the foundation poses and practices known to bring strength, health and resilience to your body, and calmness, peace and clarity to your mind and soul.
what you receive
benefits of yoga
There are now many doctors and health practitioners who suggest to their patients they try yoga to improve their physical and mental health. Here are some of the proven benefits of yoga:
• Reduces stress and enhances relaxation
• Boosts physical strength and flexibility
• Benefits muscular-skeletal health
• Enhances powers of concentration and self-control
• Helps facilitate healing process
• Boosts the immune system
• Improves blood circulation
• Increases respiratory efficiency
• Results in healthy, glowing skin
• Helps cleanse and improves overall organ function
• Helps decrease anxiety and depression
• Infuses a sense of balance and inner harmony
what to expect
what to wear and bring
facts & questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Beginners Yoga Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Safety and wellbeing. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses are designed for the absolute beginner - the practices are taught sequentially with an emphasis on learning to practice safely in accordance with your body's needs and limitations.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Kookaburra Yoga's classes and courses are $12 per session which is well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning the foundation of yoga and meditation.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- We welcome everyone, regardless of prior knowledge of or experience in yoga.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please include these on your booking form to ensure your teacher is aware. In some instances this course may not be suitable.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- If you have paid for your course in advance online (through our paypal payment gateway) and you need to cancel prior to commencement of the course you will receive an immediate refund of the full $90 fee.
- If you become ill or if there are extenuating circumstances which prevent you from attending the classes, we will issue you with a refund for unused classes. Just be in touch.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Full payment of course is $90 which is payable online in advance.
- You can pay securely using our online booking system. Payment options are credit card, PayPal or direct deposit.
- We don't have eftpos facilities at the centre so can only accept cash on arrival at your first class.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can offer free places to those in need.
WHAT If I have an injury or am pregnant?
- If you have an injury or health conditions which may be affected by yoga, please be sure to inform your teacher in advance of the class.
- If you have an acute injury, yoga may not be suitable so please be in touch with use before attending the centre.
- If you are pregnant, please be in touch with us before attending the centre.
- We generally don't accept new students who are pregnant if they have no prior experience of yoga in our general classes.
- Please enquire about pre-natal classes.
What should I bring?
- comfortable clothes you can move easily and sit in
- socks and shawl (if it's cool)
- drinking water bottle
What equipment is provided?
- Kookaburra Creek is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks.
- We are very happy for you to use our equipment.
- However if you would prefer to bring your own you are most welcome.