Yoga & Meditation Class Timetable
We invite you to discover our centre located within the magnificent native forest in the hills of Bedfordale. Kookaburra Yoga offers yoga and meditation classes and courses ranging from absolute beginners to masterclasses for experienced practitioners. The secluded five star venue, world class teachers and holistic program make our centre truly unique.
9.30am-10.50am Gentle Hatha Yoga w Michelle
6.00pm-7.20pm Restorative Hatha Yoga w Liz
6.30pm-7.50pm Hatha Yoga w Michelle
9.30am-10.50am Hatha Yoga for All w Liz (absolute beginner-friendly)
6.00pm-7.20pm Hatha Yoga Flow w Caitlin
6.00pm-8.00pm Musician's Night w Robert (free)
8.00am-9.30am Classical Hatha Yoga w Robert (studio & livestream)
book your class
6.00pm-8.00pm Soma Healing Yoga w Mandy.
Dates: 1 Mar, 31 May, 26 July, 23 Aug, 13 Dec
10.00am-12.00pm Shakti Women's Circle w Mandy.
Dates: 17 Feb, 17 Mar, 14 Apr, 19 May, 16 June, 28 July, 18 Aug, 15 Sept, 20 Oct
10.30am-12.30pm Beginners Guide to Meditation w Mandy (studio & livestream).
Dates: 25 Feb, 25 March, 22 April, 27 May, 10 June
10.30am-12.30pm Meditation Methods w Mandy (studio & livestream).
Dates: 29 July, 19 Aug, 9 Sept, 7 Oct, 11 Nov
book your class
Absolute Beginners Yoga
5.20pm-6.40pm w Liz or Michelle (studio & livestream)
Intro to Meditation
5.20pm-6.40pm w Liz (studio & livestream).
Our classes are all multi-level meaning that everyone is welcome. We do suggest that if you are new to yoga you begin with our Absolute Beginners Yoga course.
Our Saturday morning and Tuesday evening classes are a little more challenging than the other classes yet still accessible.
If you have injuries, are pregnant or simply need a helping hand do let your teacher know.
We take it slowly and mindfully, and our teachers are more than happy to offer options and modifications as needed.
Scroll down for class descriptions below for more information.
about weekly classes
Classes include a short introductory talk, mindfulness meditation, yoga breathing, warm up, yoga sequences, relaxation. Some classes may include meditation, yogic chanting and the playing of musical instruments.
- Gentle Hatha Yoga A calm, soothing, soulful class with slow, intentional flowing sequences and poses leading to stillness and rest.
- Restorative Hatha Yoga Mindful, slow and blissful with passive, longer held poses and deep yoga nidra to restore balance to the body, mind and soul.
- Hatha Yoga Uplifting, calming, holistic hatha yoga with both dynamic and restorative poses and practices, with a short seated meditation.
- Absolute Beginners Yoga Course 5 week intro to yoga with online videos & ebook. Class livestreamed so you can join from home. Check courses calendar for dates.
- Hatha Yoga for All We keep this class at a foundations level with safe, gentle practices and detailed guidance.
- Hatha Yoga Flow Beautiful, dynamic flowing sequences followed by slow, restful poses and guided relaxation.
- Musician's Night Everyone is welcome to this free session. Includes kirtan, sound meditation & facilitated improvisation (byo instrument or use ours). Fun and relaxed.
- Integral Hatha Yoga Empowering, vitalising, holistic classical hatha yoga with some strong sequences and poses. Includes dharma talk.
read more about our weekly classes
about monthly classes
delve more deeply into the enriching practices beyond the poses.
- Soma Healing Yoga Enjoy tea on arrival & a story from ancient times, mantra meditation, pranayama, somatic movement, guided yoga nidra and live sound healing.
- Shakti Women's Circle Mantras, stories, meditation, yoga, puja and yoga linked to the goddesses of the yogic and tantric traditions. Chai and journalling.
- Beginners Guide to Meditation Learn to meditate! Yogic meditation techniques and practices, information on self-managing thoughts, emotion, stress, anxiety. Includes seated meditation, theory and guided yoga nidra relaxation.
- Meditation Mastery A masterclass which focusses on yogic meditation, mantra, mudra and pranayama techniques and theory.
read more about our monthly classes
We have a small faculty of incredible teachers led by centre directors Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox who are all trained in the Hatha Yoga Method, and committed to sharing and teaching the wisdom and beauty of traditional yoga, making it relevant and accessible for all, and a support for everyday wellbeing.
Read about our teachers here
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is a 10 acre bush property 2 km from Armadale. There is ample parking on the property. We request that you always reverse park where possible and take up as little space as you can.
- The top carpark closest to the studio has disabled access.
- Please check timetable page before attending to ensure your class is on.
- Please check course schedule before attending for the courses. Advance payment and booking required to attend courses.
- Studio is fully equipped with everything you need for a comfortable class including mats, blankets, bolsters, straps, blocks, sandbags.
- Bring comfortable exercise clothing; jacket or shawl; drinking water; towel to place over the yoga mat.
- Leave shoes outside on the verandah.
- Check that your mobile phone is turned off before entering the yoga room.
- Please sign in on arrival on the iPad - even if you have booked online.
- Please arrive early and wait quietly outside if there is a class on.
- If you are paying on arrival, pay by eftpos or correct cash.
- If you are unwell please do not attend studio classes, especially if you have respiratory or Covid-like symptoms.
- Classes indicated with 'Online' are live-streamed via Zoom.
- Once you book your class online you will receive a link to attend the class on booking and one hour before the class.
- You will need a quiet space, a mat and a blanket or towel. You may also need a bolster (long pillow) and a yoga strap.
- Please observe class etiquette, and ensure your microphone is muted.
- Mandy classes are uploaded and archived on our website where members can access them anytime.
facts and questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Beginners Yoga Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Safety and wellbeing. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses are designed for the absolute beginner - the practices are taught sequentially with an emphasis on learning to practice safely in accordance with your body's needs and limitations.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Kookaburra Yoga's classes and courses are $12 per session which is well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning and practicing yoga and meditation.
- Please choose a 'level' in accordance with your experience and ability.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please be in touch prior to attending as these may preclude you from attending.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- Classes at Kookaburra Creek are offered on a casual basis, meaning that you do not to book, commit to attending every week and can pay as you come.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Classes cost $15 each and payable in cash or eftpos.
- Memberships and class passes available reducing class costs and can be purchased online in advance.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can offer free places to those in need. We also offer community classes which are by donation.
WHAT If I have an injury or am pregnant?
- If you have an injury or health conditions which may be affected by yoga, please be sure to inform your teacher in advance of the class.
- If you have an acute injury, yoga may not be suitable so please be in touch with use before attending the centre.
- If you are pregnant, please be in touch with us before attending the centre as we generally don't accept new students who are pregnant if they have no prior experience of yoga in our general classes.
- Please enquire about pre-natal classes.
What should I wear and bring?
- No need to bring a mat or equipment. We provide all the equipment you will need, including yoga mats, blankets, bolsters and cushions. Chairs available if needed.
- We don't wear shoes during yoga so please leave shoes outside and also please to endeavour to have clean feet.
- We'll be moving, stretching, sitting and lying down so wear comfortable clothes.
- Bring your own non-breakable drinking water bottle.
- Please don't interrupt other students. If you bring your mobile have it on silent mode.
What equipment is provided?
- Kookaburra Creek is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks.
- We are very happy for you to use our equipment.
- However if you would prefer to bring your own you are most welcome.