Yoga & Meditation Class Timetable
We invite you to discover our centre located within the magnificent native forest in the hills of Bedfordale. Kookaburra Yoga offers yoga and meditation classes and courses ranging from absolute beginners to masterclasses for experienced practitioners. The secluded five star venue, world class teachers and holistic program make our centre truly unique.
Yoga with Robert and Mandy
Classes are indoors in our spacious studio, outdoors in our lovely forest garden in Summer, and live-streamed online through Zoom. Many of our classes are also archived online to join anytime. Everyone is welcome to Kookaburra Creek. Please check here for updates before attending.
yoga & meditation classes
sūrya सूर्य solar
soma सोम lunar
- Open accessible for everyone. Our centre has full disabled access.
- Level 1 Absolute Beginners great for anyone new to yoga, or wanting a safe, gentle class. Detailed instruction given, modifications for injuries.
- Level 2 Beginners/General Suitable for beginners and regular students. Most practices and poses accessible, with modifications offered.
- Level 3 General/Intermediate Suitable for those with some experience of yoga. May include some more challenging poses and concepts.
- Level 4 Advanced Masterclasses for experienced practitioners.
prices & membership
Robert Becker and Mandy Becker-Knox are the directors of Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre and creators of the Hatha Yoga Method - a unique, holistic synthesis of traditional yoga systems. They have decades experience sharing and teaching the wisdom and beauty of traditional yoga, making it relevant and accessible and a support for everyday wellbeing.
Read their Bios here
what to expect
- Classes include a short introductory talk, mindfulness meditation, yoga breathing practices, warm up practices, yoga sequences, relaxation. Some classes may include meditation, yogic chanting and the playing of musical instruments.
- The top carpark closest to the studio is available for parking and also has direct disabled access.
- Please check timetable page before attending to ensure your class is on.
- Please check course schedule before attending for the courses. Advance payment and booking required to attend courses.
- If you are unwell please do not attend studio classes, especially if you have respiratory or Covid-like symptoms.
we care about your wellbeing
Now more than ever, the quiet and gentle practices of yoga are a support to help us with the ever increasing stresses and anxieties of modern life. We are committed to sharing yoga in accessible and relevant formats. If you're unwell please stay home and rest, or join a live-streamed class or choose from our on-demand library.
facts and questions
Why choose Kookaburra Yoga?
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Beginners Yoga Courses were developed and are taught by centre director Mandy BeckerKnox. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Quality content. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses draw upon the knowledge and wisdom Centre Director, Mandy BeckerKnox, has gained through her personal study and practice of yoga and training she has undertaken in the fields of traditional yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, yin yoga. Course content is a balance of traditional yoga with modern perspectives from contemporary, relevant and increasingly research and evidence-based sources.
- Experienced teachers. Mandy and Robert are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Safety and wellbeing. Kookaburra Yoga's 5 Week Courses are designed for the absolute beginner - the practices are taught sequentially with an emphasis on learning to practice safely in accordance with your body's needs and limitations.
- Value for money. We believe Yoga should be affordable and accessible for all. Kookaburra Yoga's classes and courses are $12 per session which is well below the industry standard price in Western Australia.
- Socially and environmentally responsible. We care for people and the planet. Kookaburra Creek is an eco-conscious venue drawing on its own and natural resources including solar power, rain and spring water and our own organic food gardens.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga provides a wonderful opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga?
- No, we welcome anyone who is interested in learning and practicing yoga and meditation.
- Please choose a 'level' in accordance with your experience and ability.
- The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner.
- All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
- If you have any injuries, are pregnant or have medical conditions or concerns please be in touch prior to attending as these may preclude you from attending.
Where is Kookaburra Creek?
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is located at 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112.
- This is approximately 40 minutes drive from both Perth and Fremantle and only a few minutes drive from the Armadale town centre.
- Kookaburra Creek is not accessible by public transport. The nearest train station is Armadale. This is a 40 minute walk.
- See map below.
What if I Need to cancel or miss a class?
- Classes at Kookaburra Creek are offered on a casual basis, meaning that you do not to book, commit to attending every week and can pay as you come.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Classes cost $15 each and payable in cash or eftpos.
- Memberships and class passes available reducing class costs and can be purchased online in advance.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty please be in touch with us directly as we can offer free places to those in need. We also offer community classes which are by donation.
WHAT If I have an injury or am pregnant?
- If you have an injury or health conditions which may be affected by yoga, please be sure to inform your teacher in advance of the class.
- If you have an acute injury, yoga may not be suitable so please be in touch with use before attending the centre.
- If you are pregnant, please be in touch with us before attending the centre as we generally don't accept new students who are pregnant if they have no prior experience of yoga in our general classes.
- Please enquire about pre-natal classes.
What should I wear and bring?
- No need to bring a mat or equipment. We provide all the equipment you will need, including yoga mats, blankets, bolsters and cushions. Chairs available if needed.
- We don't wear shoes during yoga so please leave shoes outside and also please to endeavour to have clean feet.
- We'll be moving, stretching, sitting and lying down so wear comfortable clothes.
- Bring your own non-breakable drinking water bottle.
- Please don't interrupt other students. If you bring your mobile have it on silent mode.
What equipment is provided?
- Kookaburra Creek is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks.
- We are very happy for you to use our equipment.
- However if you would prefer to bring your own you are most welcome.