Facts & Questions
If you have questions which are not answered on this page please be in touch by using the contact form on this page.
Why choose Kookaburra rETREATS
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Retreats are offered by Kookaburra Creek Yoga - a yoga centre and program directed by Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox in Perth, Australia. Kookaburra Creek Yoga is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Retreat management experience. Kookaburra Yoga have offered professionally organised and facilitated international retreats for over ten years. Each retreat is carefully planned to ensure the safety and comfort of participants.
- Local expertise. Kookaburra Yoga's international retreat program is coordinated by local, licensed travel agents who manage the logistics, transportation, bookings and take care of the practical needs of participants. The organisation and management of retreats is mainly invisible to participants enabling them to focus on their own inner and outer journey.
- Health & Safety. Our venues are carefully selected to ensure they are of a high standard to support the health and wellbeing of participants. When travelling we take every precaution to ensure the hygiene and health of participants. We carry a first aid kit and keep our first aid knowledge up to date.
- Quality food. Food is an integral part of our retreats and menus and ingredients are planned and considered to ensure they are nourishing, health-promoting and conducive to yoga and meditation.
- High quality program. Directors Mandy and Robert facilitate all Kookaburra Yoga Retreats. They are both exceptional yoga and meditation instructors with decades of continuing education, self-enquiry and practical teaching experience. They have literally taught thousands of people yoga and to meditate and how to effectively apply the knowledge gained to enhance and transform lives.
- Professional leadership. Both Robert and Mandy have worked professionally in leadership positions in government and the not-for-profit sector and are skilful group facilitators able to guide individuals and groups safely through peak experiences and the transformational change which often occurs on retreat. Robert has a Master Degree in Psychiatric Social Work and has worked in social services for decades. Mandy has a degree in English and is an effective communicator, she has studied Ayurveda, Anatomy and ensures her first aid knowledge is always up to date!
- Value for money. Retreats are fully inclusive with meals, transport, accommodation sightseeing taken care of and included in the cost. We are upfront about any potential additional costs allowing participants to budget and plan.
- Culturally sensitive. We do our best to adapt to our environment and educate our guests to be attuned and sensitive to the customs and cultural
- Socially responsible.
- Personal development.
Do I need experience in Yoga to attend a retreat?
No, we welcome novices who are interested in embarking upon a journey of self enquiry and discovery. The yoga and meditation practices on each retreat are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner. All of the practices taught can be adapted to suit the needs of each participant.
DO I NEED to organise passport, Visa, INSURANCE and International flights?
- To attend a Kookaburra Retreat it is a requirement that you have a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of travel.
- You must book your own international flights to the destination or ask your own travel agent to do this for you.
- You must have a travel insurance policy with relevant inclusions and provide us with your Certificate of Currency prior to departure.
- Please check visa requirements with the relevant consulate in your country before attending and ensure your entry visa is organised in advance of the retreat.
What if I Need to cancel?
- We ask for a deposit upon booking a place on a Retreat. This is your commitment to attend and is generally nonrefundable unless we can offer your place to a waitlisted person.
- In exceptional circumstances we will refund the deposit. If you need to cancel due to ill health or the death of someone close to you your travel insurance policy may refund any money paid to you. If not be in touch.
- Each retreat has different payment terms and conditions so please read these carefully before committing to a retreat.
What if I get sick?
Answer to question 4
Bali Retreat 1
Sound Silence Stillness
Bali Retreat 2
Peace Power Purpose