Yoga & Sound for Wellbeing
with Nitya Mohan
Fri 17 - Sun 19 Jul 2020 3 Day Workshop at Kookaburra Creek with Nitya Mohan, acclaimed yogic educator, classical musician, and Director of Svastha Yoga. Nitya is known for her profoundly beautiful, meditative and transformative renditions of the ancient mantras, and clear, concise, relevant transmission of Yoga. Nitya is in Perth for 3 days only offering Sound for Wellbeing workshop at beautiful Kookaburra Yoga in the Perth hills.
Sound for Wellbeing
Learn to Love Your Voice
In today’s world with its varied stresses and demands, developing better connections to our own mind and body is vital to maintain good health and longevity. Sound is a timeless tool that allows us to connect with our body, breath and mind – to release stresses from the body, to deepen our breath and also work with our mind to create stable and healthy emotional patterns.
This workshop offers unique perspectives and practices that combine traditional Yoga practices with classical Indian music and Vedic mantras. Meant to be a transformative program, all areas of learning will be accompanied by theory as well as practice enabling students to immediately integrate the wisdom into their daily life as well as teaching.
This program focuses on learning to use Sound as a tool for better health and wellbeing and is based on wisdom from classical texts on Yoga, mantras, Music and Sanskrit. It is suitable for both yoga students and teachers and is open to anyone who is interested in working deeper on the aspects of Yoga, Sound and Music.
All sessions will provide accompanying course materials and recordings of the chants and mantras for personal use.
This program is for you...
About the program
Our thinking and perspectives determine our life experiences. All thoughts are inner sounds. Any positive changes that we wish to bring about in our lives – be it mental, physical or physiological, Sound forms one of the deepest sources we can tap on.
Each of the areas of knowledge listed below will be accompanied by exercises and practical applications, intended to empower the students to integrate the knowledge into their daily lives and teaching.
Sound meditation with Nitya
During the Sound for Wellbeing 3 Day Program, Nitya will guide you to relax, meditate and chant to bring about inner peacefulness, contentment and wellbeing. Listen to this beautiful Sound Meditation with Nitya. 💗
Origins of Sound
Steadiness & Stillness with Sound
Resources will be emailed to you prior to program. Please print or bring on your device.
Nitya sings the Poornamadah Mantra
Listen to Nitya sing the beautiful Poornamadah Chant from the Upanishads in Sanskrit. You will learn to sing this sacred mantra, learn about its origin and meaning as well as other mantras during the two day program.
About Nitya Mohan
Nitya Mohan, daughter of A.G.Mohan and Indra Mohan, director of Svastha Yoga and Ayurveda teacher training programs, has been teaching for over 25 years. Trained from a young age in yoga and music, her passion lies in combining Classical Yoga, Music, Mantras and Sanskrit. She holds a degree in music and has taught and performed all over the world. Nitya is an exceptional singer hailed for her purity of voice. Her holistic teaching draws from classical texts such as the Yogasutras, Natyashastra, Paniniya Siksha and relevant scientific research. She is a mother of two children and lives in Singapore.
About Svastha Yoga & Ayurveda
The greatest influence on yoga in modern times was undoubtedly the legendary 20th century yogi, Sri T. Krishnamacharya – a master of yoga, scholar of all Indian philosophies and a healer of repute. Krishnamacharya is widely considered the 'father' of modern yoga, having taught the world's most influential teachers and shaping yoga as we know it today.
A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan were personal students of Krishnamacharya and are a direct link to the authentic yoga traditions. They founded the Svastha organisation in Chennai, India., and together with their adult children, Dr. Ganesh Mohan and Nitya Mohan, they have an international presence with programs around the world, and through their books on Yoga and Ayurveda. They offer training on yoga, yoga therapy, yogic mindfulness, mind and body well-being, and related areas, combining the best of ancient wisdom and modern science.
The Mohans have collectively published the following books books, all of which are recommended as prior reading and are for sale at Kookaburra Yoga during the workshop:
The comprehensive online platform yoga.knowledge.net features an in-depth study of yoga knowledge and related subjects presented by the Mohans and includes chanting with Nitya.
Facts & Questions
ABOUT KOOKABURRA YOGA
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is directed by experienced teachers Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox in Perth, Australia. Kookaburra Creek Yoga is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Health & Safety. Our venue is maintained to a high standard to support the health and wellbeing of participants. We take every precaution to ensure the hygiene and health of participants.
- Quality food. Food is an integral part of our retreats and menus and ingredients are planned and considered to ensure they are nourishing, health-promoting and conducive to yoga and meditation.
- High quality program. Kookaburra Yoga endorses traditional, authentic and ethical teachers and methods of Yoga. Course and retreat content reflects this standard.
- Socially responsible. We care for people and the planet. All our retreats and programs cause as little harm as possible. We are an entirely vegetarian, eco-friendly and cruelty-free venue.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga presents programs which are an opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow. Kookaburra Yoga programs are transformational and potentially life-changing!
Do I need experience in Yoga to attend the PROGRAMS?
Experience of yoga, sound or singing is NOT required to attend this program. Anyone interested in embarking upon a journey of self enquiry and discovery is invited to attend. The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner. Please check for recommended resources and reading prior to attending. Please note the Yoga for Women workshop is only suitable for women.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- When booking you will be asked to pay your invoice. To receive the early-bird price you will need to pay upfront by the 17th May.
- In the notes field please advise us if you selected meals and which dates. This will be added to invoice to pay prior to program.
- Invoices not paid by 17th May will automatically be updated to the full price.
- 6 month payment plans are available. Please select pay later on booking form and send us an email.
The full price is payable (no early-bird discount), and we add an additional $50 admin fee.
- Please see cancellation/refund policy.
- Cancellations received prior to 30th June will be eligible for a refund minus a $100 administration fee.
- Cancellations received after 30th June will not be eligible for any refund.
- You may transfer your registration to another person at no cost but you must notify the program host in writing prior to the commencement of the training if this transfer is required.
- If we have a waitlist and can fill your place anytime prior to the retreat we will refund your payment minus $100 admin fee.
- If this program is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event or the unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this training intensive impracticable, illegal or impossible, then you will receive full refund of monies paid by you for this training. However, Kookaburra Yoga and Svastha Yoga & Ayurveda will not be responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration or cancellation/postponement of this training.
What if I am not in perfect condition or if I get sick?
- You should be fine to attend if you are in reasonable health. Please check with your own health care provider if you have any concerns or doubts.
- If you get sick during your time at Kookaburra Creek, an after hours locum doctor (bulk billed) can be called or you can attend the Armadale Hospital Emergency Department (24 hours emergency) which is 5 minutes by car.
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is a purpose-built yoga centre in Bedfordale in the Perth hills with capacity and equipment for 40 students.
- The centre is set on 10 acres of bushland and is quiet and serene conducive to yoga, meditation and reflection.
- The capacity is 40 students. The residential retreat facility nearby can accommodate 14 guests.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- clothing for: yoga, bush walking, warmth, waterproof jacket if raining
- sturdy shoes, water/wind proof jacket for bush walk
- notebook and pen
- toiletries, personal items
- shawl and warm clothing for meditation and evenings
Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre
210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112