The Hatha Yoga Method
Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training
The Hatha Yoga Method™ is the synthesis of our combined 60 years yogic study, practice and teaching experience.
This is your opportunity to deepen your yogic knowledge, to become a joyful practitioner, and an inspiring leader and teacher.
Delve into the mysterious and esoteric; learn the yoga of the Vedas, Tantras, Sutras, Ayurveda; alongside modern mindfulness, asana biomechanics and yogic psychology.
Traditional yoga education in a beautiful, tranquil learning environment in the Perth hills.
7 weekend immersions, a 6 day retreat, online options, mentoring, student-led classes & home study to absorb, practice, integrate and transform.
The Hatha Yoga Method is a potent integration of yoga, meditation, mindfulness and yogic living.
12 June 2021 - 11 June 2022 The Haṭha Yoga Method is a potent integration of yoga, meditation, mindfulness and yogic living. We are honoured to host the Hatha Yoga Method 12 month Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training here at Kookaburra Creek. This is an incredible opportunity to participate in a world class Teacher Training and Leadership Program here in Perth and gain a recognised qualification enabling you to teach yoga and meditation anywhere in the world. Whether your goal is to teach, integrate yogic wisdom into your life and work, or simply take your practice and knowledge to the next level, you’ll learn the methods and mindset to succeed in your vision and goals. Read on for full details, prospectus, syllabus, schedule, and all you need to know about this unique program...
Book by 10th May for $200 earlybird discount.
The Haṭha Yoga Method is a potent integration of yoga, meditation, mindfulness and yogic living. It is the synthesis of a combined 60 years yogic study, practice and teaching experience developed by Mandy BeckerKnox and Robert Becker who have enduring links with modern yogic masters and mystics.
The Hatha Yoga Method combines the best of the wisdom traditions of yoga with modern mindfulness, yogic psychology, Ayurveda, yogic diet, connection to nature, and asana biomechanics. Combined this is powerfully transformative and healing on every level, and translates into accessible and uplifting classes you'll be empowered to teach and share.
This teacher training and leadership program is registered with Yoga Australia (500 hours) and is designed to take you on an educational and experiential journey through the yogic traditions from ancient to modern-day.
The training takes place at Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre in the Perth hills, Western Australia which is beautiful and spacious in the heart of nature. Surrounded by trees and extensive food gardens you'll be introduced to a yogic way of life, living and learning harmoniously, close to nature.
Over 12 months there are 7 two day weekend workshops, a 6 day retreat, weekly instudio and online zoom classes (led by students), an online intensive in yoga anatomy and physiology with renowned educator and author Leslie Kaminoff; one-to-one coaching, reading and assignments to deepen your knowledge; and support in establishing and developing your own yoga and meditation practice.
By incorporating traditional, esoteric and practical, modern approaches you'll learn to become a well-rounded, joyful practitioner of yoga and meditation, a master of your mind and emotions, and to teach and share with a diverse audience with integrity, intelligence and ease.
On completion you'll be well versed in the wisdom traditions of yoga, and an adept practitioner of meditation, pranayama and asana. You'll have the knowledge, confidence, resources and practical skills to teach the Hatha Yoga Method™ beginners programs which include the Absolute Beginners Yoga Course and the Introduction to Meditation Course, and develop your own unique style of delivery to teach classes to students in your own community.
The Hatha Yoga Method Teacher Training Program is a Yoga Australia registered 500 hour training. On graduation you’ll meet the requirement to register as a Level 1 Yoga Teacher or a Level 2 teacher if you already have 4 years teaching experience. This enables you to gain insurance, industry credibility and employability. You also receive ongoing professional development opportunities and peer support.
It is important to note that most shorter duration teacher trainings are 200 hours in total which is far below the minimum requirement to register as a Level 1 Teacher. On completion of these courses you must undertake additional training or mentorship to meet the minimum requirements.
You can be confident this training meets the educational and ethical standards of Yoga Australia, and will position you as a well rounded industry professional. You'll graduate an assured, confident teacher capable of supporting and inspiring others.
Now, more than ever, the world needs yoga and meditation teachers and leaders with the knowledge, skills and expertise to guide others to be peaceful, calm, grounded and resilient - the qualities which come about through the Hatha Yoga Method.
about this training
Yoga is ancient, perhaps dating back to 500 BCE or earlier and has evolved in India over the millennia incorporating the wisdom of the Vedas, Upanishads, and the many great sages, saints, texts and traditions which arose during this period and have endured. The teachings and underlying wisdom are timeless and provide much insight into ourselves, our lives and the world.
Book & pay by 10 May for $200 earlybird discount.
What you gain
hatha yoga vidya
An authentic yogic education takes a lifetime. This course is a foundation for a life of learning, self-enquiry, embodiment, evolving and becoming.
Hatha is often translated as meaning ha “sun” and tha “moon.” This refers to the balance of forces within all of us through yoga. Haṭha Yoga can be considered a path toward creating balance and uniting opposites.
'True yogic education is lighting a lamp, not filling a bucket.' A.G.Mohan
A unique 12 month program incorporating weekend workshops, a residential retreat, online learning, weekly student-led classes, mentoring and home study.
The Hatha Yoga Method Teacher Training is comprised of 10 modules, seven of which are delivered over two days on the weekends at Kookaburra Yoga in Bedfordale. There is the option of attending these live from your home if you live remotely or are unwell. Attending all modules (either in-studio or by Zoom) is required to graduate.
Each module contains four x 4 hour sessions which each include theory, facilitated discussion, guided practice and a practical workshop to apply the knowledge. This includes practice and workshopping of the asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation methods, and yogic practices linked to the session theme.
Each month there is set reading to be completed prior to the weekend and then following an online quiz and assignment/s to complete at home to explore the themes and source texts more deeply. No need to worry if you don’t consider yourself a writer or an artist, support is given to help develop these skills which is an important part of becoming a discerning, critical thinker and articulate, confident communicator.
Modules seven and eight are part of a residential teacher training retreat to be held at Kookaburra Creek. In-person attendance at the residential retreat is required to graduate. You may stay onsite in shared accommodation (limited to 10 places) or camping onsite with all meals provided. If you prefer you can attend the retreat daily staying offsite in your own accommodation. Please note the program commences from 6.30am each morning and concludes at 7pm, except for the first and last day. There is some rest time during the day.
Graduation and Dinner
Graduation Ceremony, with certificates issued, Sharing, Havan Fire Ceremony and Dinner.
Module 10 is the Yoga Anatomy portion of the training. For this we have partnered with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, leading authors and educators in this field who delivers an engaging, interactive, insightful and relevant program in yoga anatomy. At the commencement of the training you will be given access to yogaanatomy.net where you will study applied yoga anatomy and physiology as it relates to yoga asanas, pranayama and movement. The online program equals 30 hours and is to be completed within the first 5 months of the training.
7pm-8pm Wednesday evenings. Attend in-studio or online from home. Each week a trainee student will design and teach a supervised class at the studio and online via zoom for fellow teacher trainees. You’ll learn to market and promote your class online and gain studio experience teaching to students in person and online.
During the final three months of the training you will have monthly 1.5 hour coaching sessions with either Robert or Mandy. These sessions are to help support and guide your development as a yoga practitioner and teacher, to help identify and overcome any obstacles on the path, and to help you embody, embrace and evolve into the beautiful, wise and wonderful person and teacher you wish to be.
Reading & Assignments
Every month there is reading to do at home and assignments to complete. These vary each month and include online quizzes, short essays, writing stories/parables, designing classes, drawing infographics and class plans and writing a business plan. Support and guidance is given to help structure and craft these. The time commitment is approximately 20 hours per month over the year.
'The attitude of letting go and connecting with the inner presence of quiet and steadiness is most important.'
The program content is delivered in 10 sequential modules which each integrate theory and practice. You’ll learn the asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras and mantras relevant to each topic, building on knowledge, technique, practice and teaching methods over 12 months.
The World of Yoga: Introduction & Overview
Opening the door to a new way of being
Session 1: Yoga. through the ages: from ancient to modern, east to west
Session 2: Laying an ethical foundation: yamas and niyamas
Session 3: Asana: from the ashrams and ascetic traditions to modern wellness.
Session 4: Yoga masters, mystics, their lineages and methods
Yoga for Body, Breath and Mind
Session 1: The Yoga Body - yogic and Ayurvedic perspectives on the body and parallels in modern anatomy and physiology
Session 2: The Taitatreya Upanishad: Koshas: the multi- dimensional self
Session 3: Concept of the Subtle Body - from body, mind to soul
Session 4: How it came to be. Creation, the Universe and the Self. From the perspectives of Sankhya, Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras. The secrets of Creation, the Universe and the Self. Prakriti, Purusha, the Mahabhutas and the Gunas.
The Yoga of Krishnamacharya. Personalising and Teaching Yoga
Session 1: Applied anatomy and physiology for asana, pranayama and healthy movement.
Session 2: Yoga for Everybody: beginners or advanced, yoga through the stages of life. How to structure classes accordingly.
Session 3: Applied ethics: use of language, cues, props and adjustments to help support, heal, and not cause harm.
Session 4: Empowered Communication and Trauma Aware Teaching Methods
Yogic Mindfulness: Yoga for the Mind
Session 1: The higher limbs of yoga.Unlocking the wisdom of the Yoga Sutras through study, chanting and meditation.
Session 2: Sankalpa, Beliefs, biases and overcoming conditioning (Yoga and NLP)
Session 3: The kleishas, and overcoming obstacles on the path to happiness. (kriya yoga)
Session 4: The nervous system, vagus nerve; and the body-mind-divine continuum.
The Subtle Self. Within, beyond and becoming.
Session 1: The Subtle Body: Chakras, Nadis, and Essential Life Force
Session 2: Pranayama: the sacred breath. Prana vayus and managing your life force
Session 3: Yoga, Pranayama and Sound
Session 4: Laya Yoga: chakras, mantra, and sound
Buddhi Mind. Wisdom, Creativity and Flow.
Session 1: Western and yogic psychology. The concept of consciousness in the east and west.
Session 2: Accessing creative inspiration: Vijnanamaya Kosha and the Buddhi Mind.
Session 3: Jnana Yoga: Who Am I? The yoga of self enquiry
Session 4: The Mandukya Upanishad: states of consciousness and the meditation journey.
Personal & Professional Transformation.
Session 1: yogic sadhana: your personal practice
Session 2: becoming wise: applying yogic knowledge to transform your mind, body, heart
Session 3: sharing your light: communicating and presenting
Session 4: the yogic visionary: applying yogic knowledge to your life and work
Session 1: the authentic teacher: living what you teach
Session 2: yogic ethics for life, food and the yogic diet
Session 3: dinacharya: designing your daily routine to support your life, health and wellbeing
Session 4: ishvara pranidhana: in harmony with nature, in service to the world
Into the World
Session 1: The business of yoga. Accountability, Continuing Education and Conduct. Processes, procedures, finance, accountability.
Session 2: the Karma Yogi: path of the peaceful warrior. Karma, Dharma and making a difference. The Jnana Yogi: embodying wisdom, becoming wise.
Session 3: the Raja Yogi: the high road to peace. The Bhakti Yogi. Mantra, Music, Love for the Divine.
Session 4: Blue Sky Thinking. Marketing methods, ethics and influence. Being you in a crowded world. How to be a success in any field.
Anatomy Fundamentals with Leslie Kaminoff
10 units to complete online through yoga anatomy.net in webinar and online classes format. Your login details will be sent once the training commences.
Weekly Supervised Classes
Trainee teacher: design and teach a 60 minute class at Kookaburra Yoga studio and online via zoom for fellow teacher trainees. Remote learning students can teach from home. Other trainees: weekly attendance compulsory either instudio or online
Graduation Day & Ceelbration
Session 1: Final Words & Reflections
Session 2: Graduation Ceremony
Havan Fire Ceremony
what you'll learn
By completion of this training you will have a sound knowledge and practical experience in the following areas.
1. Philosophy and psychology of yoga based on key texts including the Yogasutra of Patanjali
2. The History of Yoga, the traditional, teachers and paths of Yoga
3. Sanskrit terminology: key words and essential concepts
1. The Hatha yoga of Krishnamacharya, combining breathing and movement.
2. Functional and safe movement in asana, applicable in everyday life
3. Foundation asanas, their counter poses and their variations
4. Modern approaches: Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative, Yin yoga systems and key poses
1. Principles of sequencing and designing group classes
2. Develop sequences for different needs
3. Cueing, communicating and adjusting
1. Foundation pranayama practices and theory
2. Integrating pranayama and mantra
3. Applied pranayama for managing mind and emotions
1. Integrating sound and mantra in asanas.
2. Mantra and music for meditation
3. Nyasa - embodying sound for healing
4. Sing - kirtan, bhajans, sacred mantras
1. Theory of meditation, mindfulness, the mind from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
2. Theories of the mind and consciousness from eastern mystical and western psychology perspectives
3. Yogic meditation traditions, their key practices and application
Anatomy & Physiology
1. Functional anatomy and physiology as applied to asanas and yoga practice
2. Knowledge of functional anatomy to help you practice yoga safely and effectively
3. Knowledge of the nervous system and internal systems and the effective use of yoga to maintain function and health
Japa & Mantras
1. Importance and theory of chanting.
2. Mantras for chanting and meditation
3. Therapeutic use of mantra for wellbeing and healing
1. Yogic values and ethics in daily life
2. Ayurvedic doshas, prakrti, diet principles
3. The yogic diet incorporating ‘sattvic’, pranic and ethical concepts.
1. Mudras and bandhas: learn how to integrate into practice and teach
2. Theories of the subtle body: the nadis, prana, chakras, kundalini
3. Understanding concepts of consciousness from a yogic perspective
1. Cultivate an intelligent, meaningful and sustainable personal practice of yoga to support you through life and as a foundation for being an authentic teacher and communicator.
1. Teaching with intelligence, respect, sensitivity and integrity in accordance with yogic ethics and values.
2. Communicating yogic ethics and values verbally and non-verbally.
3. Finding your passion, developing your 'style', leading by example.
4. Specialise: designing a masterclass, workshop, retreat
1. Integrating yoga practice, principles and ethics into life and work
2. The practicalities and realities of becoming a teacher - whether as an employee, sub-contractor, business owner or studio owner
3. Ethical management, marketing and communication
about the trainers, lineage, venue
The Hatha Yoga Method founders and teachers are Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox. The Hatha Yoga Method is based upon their combined 60 years experience in yoga, particularly the Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya, the Raja Yoga of Swami Sivananda and the yoga of the great sages and mystics of the past. They maintain their connection to the source through an enduring relationship with teachers and mentors A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, two of the great masters of traditional and contemporary yoga.
Robert was initiated into yoga in Cape Town, South Africa by his Guru Swami Venkatesananda of the Sivananda lineage at the age of 20. He has dedicated his life to teaching and sharing traditional yoga and built and founded Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre in 1998. Robert has a Masters degree in Social Work and works professionally in the field. He is known for the depth of his yogic and vedantic knowledge, his astute wisdom, gentle guidance and sense of fun.
Robert has been practising and teaching yoga for over 36 years in South Africa, Mauritius, India and Australia. Robert was initiated into yoga and meditation at the age of 20 by his Diksha Guru HH Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji Maharaj of the Sivananda tradition, Rishikesh and was given the spiritual name Narayan. Robert spent many years practising intensively living in ashrams and travelling in India before settling into family life.
In the 1990s Robert built the Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre in honour of his Guru which he co-directs with Mandy, with whom he shares the spiritual journey. The centre has been blessed by some great souls (Mahatmas) over the past twenty years. Sri Swami Ramakrishna of the Amritanandamayi Mission has visited a number of times, Sri Somanatha Maharishi of Hyderabad introduced the centre to Mano Yoga.
Robert teaches a dynamic style of Integral Hatha Yoga based on the tradition of Patanjali's Raja Yoga. Asanas and Pranayama are used to guide aspirants seeking a deeper experience of meditation.
Robert has a Masters degree in Psychiatric Social Work and is a skilful life coach and group facilitator. He worked professionally in the field before integrating his professional expertise with yogic life, and strives to integrate a working life in the world with a love of yoga and meditation and the responsibilities of being a householder, husband and father. This is the challenge many face today, spiritualising day to day life.
Mandy is a Senior Yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and the lead trainer. She was initiated into yoga at the age of 20 and has practiced and taught since then. She has studied with renowned masters, and spent a lifetime learning, integrating and sharing. She is a natural leader and in her professional life was an Editor, Designer and recently CEO of a healthcare not-for-profit organisation. Mandy is deeply committed to creating safe and sacred spaces for participants to experience the wonders of yoga - both at Kookaburra and on retreats around the world.
Mandy has studied and practiced yoga since 1990 when she was twenty years old in both India and Australia. She has taught yoga for over twenty years in Perth, India, and on international retreats.
Over this time she has had the great privilege of travelling to India many times for extended periods studying directly with teachers and masters of yoga. Mandy's primary influences and long-term mentors are A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan of the Svastha Yoga and Ayurveda, Chennai. Mandy continues to study closely with the Mohans. In addition to this Mandy has studied yoga with:
Mandy is certified (by Svastha Yoga) to teach Hatha Yoga, has also studied Ayurveda at the Australian Institute of Holistic Medicine. Mandy has undertaken additional teacher training in Yin Yoga and is certified (by Jo Phee) to teach Yin.
Mandy considers being still in nature to be the greatest of all spiritual teachers, and seeks out inspiration through immersions in the sublime landscapes of this wondrous planet.
Mandy’s yoga journey has been an integration of these teachings over time and deep personal experience. Her teaching style is practical, relevant and spiritual - with an emphasis on a safe and meaningful practice which leads students towards health of the body and peace of mind. The breath is fundamental to Hatha Yoga and is emphasised in Mandy's classes for the healing benefit dedicated breathing practices bring.
Mandy has developed comprehensive courses, programs, manuals and teacher trainings for all levels of students and is particularly focussed on nurturing absolute beginners - ensuring those new to yoga receive a comprehensive introduction to the often misrepresented teachings of traditional yoga.
Professionally, Mandy has a BA in English, is a qualified Graphic Designer with a career spanning decades in evolving roles which included working as a writer, editor, graphic designer, publishing and mass communications specialist, communications manager, and most recently as Chief Executive Officer of a health organisation for 5 years. Mandy is an inspiring, highly regarded leader. She brings together her creativity, love of organising, and passion for yoga to create and deliver Kookaburra's yoga, retreat and teacher training programs.
Mandy’s personal practice and the integration of the wisdom teachings of yoga inform every aspect of her life, and have been a guiding influence through the challenges and joys of raising a family and professional life.
Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre
The training and retreat takes place at Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre which is a purpose-built yoga studio located in Bedfordale, in the hills of Perth, 40 minutes from the CBD and Fremantle on 10 acres of natural bushland. The building is made from natural wood and glass according to Vastu Shastra design principles and is a space dedicated to yoga, meditation and healing. Robert and Mandy own and direct the centre and conduct a full program of hatha yoga and meditation classes and courses, educational workshops and programs on aspects of traditional yoga and a retreat program for longer, immersive yogic experiences.
In addition to the yoga centre, Kookaburra Creek has 3 other buildings, including accommodation for up to 20 people, and an organic garden where much of the food prepared for retreats is grown.
Kookaburra Creek is truly a place in harmony with nature. It is an eco-friendly property powered by the sun utilising the pure, soft spring water which rises higher up the hill. Classes are often accompanied by the sounds of kookaburras, crickets, frogs, birds and the breeze between the branches of the trees.
Time in nature is incorporated into retreat programs giving participants the opportunity to absorb the peace and beauty of this very special place.
Kookaburra Yoga's integrated system of Hatha and Raja Yoga ensures the practices are holistic and beneficial on every level of being. The five key areas of holsitic Hatha Yoga which integrate with the 8 ‘limbs’ of Raja Yoga are included in all classes, courses and programs. These include mindful, intelligent movement [asana], supportive breathwork [pranayama], relaxation [pratyahara], meditation [dharana, dhyana], and yogic diet, lifestyle and ethics [yama, niyama] - all of which are linked and made meaningful through mindfulness [bhava].
Kookaburra Yoga's classes at Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre and on our retreat programs are informed by both traditional teachings and this modern integrative approach, ensuring they are relevant, accessible and safe for all levels of practitioners. Hatha Yoga classes are often the starting point for many people who may eventually enquire into the more meaningful and spiritual paths of yoga.
Both Mandy and Robert are certified by Svastha Yoga to teach the Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya and have special permission from A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan to teach and share what they have learnt from these master teachers over fourteen years.
The greatest influence on yoga in modern times was undoubtedly the legendary 20th century yogi, Sri T. Krishnamacharya – a master of yoga, scholar of all Indian philosophies and a healer of repute. Krishnamacharya is widely considered the 'father' of modern yoga, having taught the world's most influential teachers and shaping yoga as we know it today.
A. G. Mohan is one of the senior and highly regarded most yoga masters alive now, and a direct link to the authentic yoga traditions. A. G. Mohan continues to study, practice, and teach. He was a personal student of Sri T. Krishnamacharya for 18 years from 1971 to 1989. With his wife, Indra, he originated the Svastha organisation in Chennai, India. Svastha has an international presence with programs around the world, and is an authoritative and accessible source of authentic yoga and Ayurveda. They offer training on yoga, yoga therapy. mindfulness, mind and body well-being, and related areas, combining the best of ancient wisdom and modern science.
Indra Mohan has been practicing and teaching yoga for more than three decades. She is one of the few people who received a post-graduate diploma in yoga from Krishnamacharya. Known for her serene demeanour, she is a source of support and wisdom to her many personal students around the world.
A.G. Mohan is the lead author of six books by the Mohan family, some of which are used as essential and recommended reading on this yoga teaching training program, and other programs around the world.
We are seekers
From a young age, on different continents, we discovered yoga and then sought out the great masters of traditional yoga in the ashrams of India. Over the years we immersed ourselves in the powerful, transformative practices and methods of various yoga traditions with the guidance and blessings of our teachers and gurus. It became our path and dharma to find each other, to share this lifetime, raise our family, and bring together our experience, knowledge and commitment to share the beauty, power and grace of traditional yoga to benefit others. It was with this intent we created Kookaburra Yoga and the Hatha Yoga Method.
The practice of yoga and meditation in a natural environment, with delicious pranic food and the company of like-minded people, can harmonise and inspire your body, mind and spirit. It can lead you to deeper inner self-knowledge. We welcome you to our beautiful Shala amongst the trees which will be your sanctuary during the 12 months of training.
Facts & Questions
KOOKABURRA YOGA PROGRAMS
- Established, reputable business. Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is directed by experienced teachers Robert Becker and Mandy BeckerKnox in Perth, Australia. Kookaburra Creek Yoga is well established having been operating for twenty years.
- Health & Safety. Our venue is maintained to a high standard to support the health and wellbeing of participants. We take every precaution to ensure the hygiene and health of participants.
- High quality program. Kookaburra Yoga endorses traditional, authentic and ethical teachers and methods of Yoga. Course and retreat content reflects this standard.
- Socially responsible. We care for people and the planet. All our retreats and programs cause as little harm as possible. We are an entirely vegetarian, eco-friendly and cruelty-free venue.
- Personal development. Kookaburra Yoga presents programs which are an opportunity for personal and professional development. You'll be gently guided to explore limitations and obstacles to achieving your potential and become equipped with the tools, techniques and practical wisdom to evolve and grow.
Do I need experience in Yoga to attend thIS TEACHER TRAINING?
The Teacher Training Program is best suited to yoga and meditation practitioners with some experience and prior exposure to the concepts. It is a prerequisite to have 12 months experience practicing yoga in some capacity. However anyone interested in embarking upon a journey of self enquiry and discovery is invited to attend. The yoga and meditation practices are carefully explained and taught in a caring and respectful manner. Please check for recommended resources and reading prior to attending. The program is also suited to professionals wishing to integrate yoga and yogic meditation into the scope of their existing work.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- $500 non-refundable deposit is required when applying to secure your place. If your application is not accepted this will be returned.
- Pay in full by 10th May to receive a $200 discount.
- If you require a 12 month payment plan please be in touch with Kookaburra Yoga after paying your deposit.
- Cancellations received one month before the training commencement will be eligible for a refund minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations received after the course commencement may not be eligible for any refund.
- You may transfer your registration to another person at no cost but they must apply in writing prior to the commencement of the training if this transfer is required.
- Depending on circumstances, y may transfer the unused balance of your payment to a future training, or another course or program with Kookaburra Yoga on compassionate grounds.
- If this program is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed prior to its commencement due to a fortuitous event or the unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this training impracticable, illegal or impossible, then you will receive full refund. However, Kookaburra Yoga will not be responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration or cancellation/postponement of this training.
What if I am not in perfect condition or if I get sick?
- You should be fine to attend if you are in reasonable health. Please check with your own health care provider if you have any concerns or doubts.
- If you have any respiratory illness or symptoms you will not be able to attend affected modules in person and will need to attend online via zoom.
- If you become sick or injured during the training, or you need to withdraw for compassionate reasons, then a pro-rata refund can be negotiated, or you can transfer to a future training program.
- If you become sick during your time at Kookaburra Creek, an after hours locum doctor (bulk billed) can be called or you can attend the Armadale Hospital Emergency Department (24 hours emergency) which is 5 minutes by car.
- Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre is a purpose-built yoga centre in Bedfordale in the Perth hills with capacity and equipment for 40 students.
- The centre is set on 10 acres of bushland and is quiet and serene conducive to yoga, meditation and reflection.
- The teacher training capacity is 30 students.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- clothing for: yoga, walking, warmth, waterproof jacket if raining
- sturdy shoes, water/wind proof jacket for bush walk
- notebook and pen, or laptop if you prefer for note-taking
- Required books required for module. Suggested books useful for reference.
WHEN CAN I TEACH?
Upon graduating you will receive a certificate of completion which will enable you to acquire public liability and professional indemnity insurance. Once you are insured, have completed your Senior First Aid Certificate you will be ready to begin teaching professionally. This teacher training is registered with Yoga Australia, and upon graduation, we recommend you register as a Level 1 or Level 2 Teacher depending on your eligibility.
Disruptions due to Covid
- If a lockdown or restrictions are imposed which prevent in-studio training then the training will proceed in an online format on the same dates and times.
- If you are unable to participate live at the same date/time, then sessions are recorded and there is the option to complete them at any time convenient to you, before participation in the following month’s training.
- If you are unwell, or have symptoms of respiratory illness, then you will participate online - either live, or anytime afterwards once recovered.
- Whenever it is mandatory for face masks to be worn in public places then everyone attending the in-studio training is required to wear a mask. If anyone would prefer not to wear a mask then they are to participate in the training online from home.
- If you are unable to participate online from home because your home environment is not conducive to participation, or you do not have access to the technology required, then you can do the affected modules the following year when the training is offered again at no additional charge.
- If a lockdown or restrictions prevent the 6 day retreat from proceeding then the date of the retreat will change to the week following 9-14 December 2021. If this date is also affected then the retreat will be changed to 3-8 January 2022.
- In the event the retreat is rescheduled, and you are unable to attend due to these changes you may attend online via zoom or participate following these dates at a time convenient to you.
Yes! I am ready to apply.
Program Coordinator Mandy BeckerKnox
Phone +61 8 9399 1000 | m +61 422 318 104
Address 210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112
Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre
Directors Robert Becker & Mandy BeckerKnox
210 Carradine Road, Bedfordale WA 6112 Australia
Phone +61 8 9399 1000